Monday, November 10, 2014

Pondering a Pond



Having been in a new role for three weeks, I am starting to sorely miss being able to regularly enjoy a stroll through nature. For over two years, I had the privilege of working at an office that was right next to a park with a walking trail going around the pond pictured above. I used to have the pleasure of seeing views like that one every day. It was a refreshing escape from the stress that came from the day-to-day task juggling. With music flowing into my ears, walking that trail gave my mind some space to daydream.

Now I work in a basement office without windows, which is a bit of a shock. I can still take mental breaks outside when I need some fresh air, but now that the snow is flying, I won't be doing that for quite a while.

Leaving that trail feels like leaving a part of myself behind. To me it represented a place to breathe, think and explore. It was always there when I needed it and I never regretted taking a walk around it. I hope to find a similar place by my current place of work. The snow just started flying today, so it's going to be a long winter.   

No comments:

Post a Comment